Does your iron start leaving marks on your clothes? Are you worried about your dirty iron? On the other hand, the productivity of iron also decreases, as it gets hot late and so longer glides smoothly. Therefore, you are thinking about whether your iron soleplate gets clean or needs to go for a new iron. Stop worrying our team is here to solve your problem by providing different ways to clean an iron.
After going through the long procedure and different methods of cleaning different rusty, dirty, plastic residue and clogged iron soleplate in our lab. Hence, we suggest the easy, less time-consuming, and with less expense you make your iron brand new.
There are many different ways to clean an iron, with baking soda, toothpaste, salt and vinegar, magic eraser, ice-cubes, brillo pad, paracetamol.
Material required to clean a steam iron:
All you need to do is to get some basic necessary equipment and material to set before cleaning the dirty soleplate of an iron. It requires less than 20 minutes to clean an iron with mostly products available at home.
- Toothbrush or toothpick
- A microfiber cloth
- Dryer sheet
- Large bowl
- White vinegar
- Ice cubes
- Magic eraser
- Baking Soda
Different Ways to Clean Scorched Iron: A complete Guide
It’s better to clean the iron often when you feel that residual starts building, it requires less effort and increases productivity and your iron lasts longer. Instead of, cleaning when the spitting filthy spots on the clothes.
Here, we discuss the safe and easy-to-do cleaning process. Make sure that the iron is unplugged and completely cool when you start your cleaning process.
1. Clean an Iron with Baking Soda
Make a paste of baking soda and water. Rub the paste gently on the soleplate of the iron by using an old toothbrush or soft fiber cloth or towel. Simply use water to wipe the surface of the soleplate and wipe with a towel or microfiber cloth.
Keep care of the holes that the paste does not get clogged on them or clean with the cotton bud to get the best result. You will get an amazing result at less expense.
2. Cleaning with Vinegar
Great Solution to rusty Iron
- Vinegar is the solution available in every kitchen. Take vinegar and pour it into a bowl. Damp the towel or some clean old cloth in the vinegar. Lay the iron on the cloth in a horizontal position. Leave it for 20-30 minutes. After that wipe it with clean water, it’s a great solution for the corrosive iron soleplate.
- Another way to use vinegar for cleaning iron steam holes, mix the distilled water and vinegar equally and pour it into the water tank of the iron. Now switch on the iron and move the iron on some old cloth the residual spit outside the holes on the cloth when iron produces steams. After cleaning pour clean water and iron with that and clean the outer surface of the soleplate with a clean wet cloth.
Finally, enjoy your ironing.
The duo of baking soda and vinegar is also great to remove the rust and clogged from the steam iron and the solution of both with little distilled water. Damp the cloth in the solution and clean the bottom of the iron with that cloth.
3. Salt and Newspaper
A wonderful solution for the dry iron plate cleaning also.
Take a newspaper and spread it on the ironing board, instead of using newspaper you can use brown paper too that also works well. Spread a good quantity of salt on the newspaper. Switch on the iron and keep it on the hottest setting and move the iron on that in circler motion until the iron cleans. Then switch off and clean the soleplate with a wet cloth.
4. Do Magic with Magic Eraser
One of the best products for iron has been spotted with hard water. Get the magic eraser, wet it, rub it on the iron surface and keep rubbing gently until it cleans. Finally, clean the soleplate with a wet clean cloth and your iron is ready to do the ironing of your dress.
5. Toothpaste for soleplate cleaning
Best to clean burnt iron
Toothpaste not only cleans your teeth but is very useful for cleaning stainless steel and metal surfaces. Rub the toothpaste on the iron plate and then clean it with a wet cloth. Use the iron when it gets dry completely.
6. Cleaning soleplate with Dish Detergent
One of the great hack used for cleaning iron is to pour some drops of dish detergent in water and dip the towel in that solution and clean the residue on the soleplate, once it gets clean, use the wet clean cloth and wipe the surface with that.
Cleaning of Melted Plastic from Iron Soleplate with Ice-Cubes:
If the iron gets in contact with some plastic material or bag and it gets stuck on the iron or with the clothes. Don’t worry we here bring great solutions for you simple and easy we tested in our lab too. This works wonders with no cost at all. Only you need is a bowl, some ice cubes, and a clean towel or cloth.
Step 1: Freezing the Plastic Material
Firstly, unplug your iron, and let it cool. After that, fill the bowl with the ice cubes and then place the iron on the ice cubes so the soleplate surface touches the ice. Leave the iron for 8-10 minutes so that the plastic material hardens and loosens up on the surface.
Step 2: Scrap the Plastic
Secondly, scrape the surface gently with a plastic knife or some hard card.
Step 3: Clean the Soleplate
Finally, take some vinegar mixed with baking soda or salt and distilled water. Spray on the soleplate and clean with a towel to clean plastic residue particles too. Lastly, clean the iron with a damp clean cloth.
Guide and basic tips to keep your Iron Clean for longer:
- Prefer to use distilled water or bottled water for steam iron or steam generators. As tap water contains a lot of minerals which clogged on the hole with time when steam produces.
- After using the iron remove the water from the water tank and clean the iron from the microfiber cloth to prevent rusting.
- Make a habit to clean your iron in detail from any of the above procedures twice a year for longer results and more productivity. Moreover, it increases the durability of the product too.
- Use an ironing mat or pressing cloth on board while ironing. Avoid using the iron on a zipper, metal buttons, or hooks to prevent it from scratching.
- Store the iron when gets cool and keep the iron in the upright position to prevent it from scratching and leaking.
Finally, we say that keep your iron clean so that its durability increases and you get the best results. Try the above tips and methods to clean your irons and share your experience with us. Happy cleaning and enjoy your hassle-free ironing.