Clean an iron with paracetamol is an unacceptable fact for you if you have not heard it before. But you can indeed clean an iron from this common pain relief tablet. Iron tends to accumulate deposits and residue from garments leading to a decrease in the efficiency of ironing. Moreover, there is a possibility of getting stains on your garments. Therefore, we already discussed many standard methods to clean an iron soleplate but cleaning an iron with paracetamol is also an economical yet successful method you can try.
Why Does Paracetamol Clean an Iron?
In This Article
Paracetamol is a medicine widely used for fever and to relieve pain. But getting to know that this tablet helps to clean appliances like iron soleplate, may be a surprise for you. The science behind this lies in paracetamol’s chemical composition, which includes compounds capable of breaking down and dissolving stubborn residues without causing damage to the iron’s soleplate.
Can we clean an Iron with Tylenol or Acetaminophen?
Yes, we can clean an iron with Tylenol or Acetaminophen. Because all these medicines have the same chemical formulation (C8H9NO2). Acetaminophen, known as Paracetamol, and Tylenol known as Panadol. In Europe and many other places, it’s called paracetamol. While in the US and Japan, it is called acetaminophen.
Step-by-Step Guide to Clean an Iron with Paracetamol
Materials you will need:
- 2-3 paracetamol tablets depending on the level of residue.
- Soft cloth
- Tweezers or wooden food tongs.
- Water for rinsing
- Cotton swabs
- Old towel
- Arrange all the necessary materials and a place needed to clean an iron with paracetamol.
- Empty the water reservoir of your steam iron.
- Turn on the iron so, it gets hot.
- Keep the tablet in hand while wearing some heat-resistant glove in hand or tweezer. Start rubbing the paracetamol tablet by putting pressure on the burnt or dirty area of the soleplate.
- As the dirt or grime starts to lose, the tablet also starts melting on the soleplate. So, keep wiping the surface as the residue lumps up and dries because of heat on the surface.
- Turn off the iron and clean the soleplate holes using a cotton swab carefully.
- After done with the whole process, fill the iron water tank and heat it. Now use the steam shots button to clear the holes and steam production. Iron on some old cloth so that the soleplate gets clean. Once all gets clear. Empty the reservoir again and rinse with water.
- Finally, your iron is clean and ready to use.
Cautions: When to Clean an Iron with Paracetamol
- Foremost, the first important step that should be taken is not to clean the iron by directly keeping the paracetamol in hand, your hand may get burned if mistakenly touch the hot iron.
- Keep the heat-resistant plastic glove while cleaning.
- If you use a metal tweezer, keep that in hand with some heat-resistant material like cloth or gloves, as metal is a heat-conductor and heat easily passes from it. Keep care that the tweezer does not get in touch with the soleplate which may cause scratches.
- Keep away the kids and pets to prevent any damage before setting up the hot iron for cleaning.
- Do not use a plastic tweezer as it gets melted when touching the hot iron soleplate, instead of cleaning it makes a hassle for you when melted plastic gets stuck to the soleplate.
Cleaning your iron using paracetamol is an innovative and effective method that can restore your iron’s performance while being gentle on its components. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can enjoy wrinkle-free clothes and prolong the lifespan of your iron. Say goodbye to stubborn residue and enjoy a refreshed ironing experience.
You can check the many more economical and safe methods to clean an iron by checking on the links given below: